End Of Period (EOP) and Rewind
Once you’ve entered and checked your employees’ pay details for the current period, you’re ready to finalise the payroll. To update your employees’ year to date values and your P30/CC124 totals with the current period’s values, you use the End Of Period option.
You must run the End Of Period option before you can process your next pay period.
After posting the end of period (EOP) values, you may detect errors in your data, for example, if you’ve saved a timesheet for someone by accident or you overpay someone. If so, you must rewind the end of period process and correct these errors before posting the end of period values again. You can only rewind the current pay period.
The rewind process involves rolling back your payroll data to it’s pre-end of period state. Timesheet details are unaffected by a period rewind, so you don’t need to re-enter pay details for employees already completed in the period unless you want to edit them.
To post the end of period values
- On the menu bar, click Processing then click End Of Period.
If you’ve already posted the EOP values for the current period, this option is greyed out.
- When you’re prompted to post calculation results, click OK.
- Check the payroll status at the bottom of your Micropay window is End of Period. If it’s not, repeat the previous steps.
To rewind (undo) the posting of end of period values
- On the menu bar, click Processing, then click Period Rewind.
If you haven’t posted the EOP values for the current period yet, this option is greyed out.
- When you’re prompted to rewind the last posting, click OK.
- Check the payroll status at the bottom of your Micropay window is Time and Pay Calculated, or Start Of Period if you didn’t process any pay details this period.