Prevent postings before a specified date in Sage 50 Accounts (Lock Date)
Sometimes you may want to stop transactions being posted before a certain date, for example, to close down a previous month or year. You can do this using the Lock Date feature.
How it works
Once you set a lock date, if anyone tries to post a transaction dated prior to that lock date, a warning message appears.
- If you’re logged in as manager you can override the warning and post to the locked period.
- Users with lock date access can also override the lock date and post to the locked period.
- Users with no lock date access can’t post to the locked period. They can still create invoices, sales orders and purchase orders with a date before the lock date, but they can’t update or post the items.
Set a lock date
- On the menu bar click Settings then click Lock Date.
- Select the Lock posting before check box, enter the required date then click OK.
Set a user’s lock date access
- Open Sage Accounts and log in as Manager.
- On the menu bar click Settings then click Access Rights.
- Select the required user from the list then click Edit.
- Expand the Settings menu.
- To allow access to override the lock date, select the Lock date settings check box. Alternatively, to remove access, clear the check box.
- Click OK then click Close.