When opening Advanced Report Writer (ARW) an error appears: Error: ‘Data Source Error Filling Lattice’ or ‘Cannot Read User File’
These errors can appear when you try to open the ARW (Advanced Report Writer) if the computer you are running the ARW on does not have the required ODBC driver installed on it.
“Data Source Error Filling Lattice: The Company data could not be accessed Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified”
“Cannot Read User File – Please ensure that ODBC is installed”
To Fix this issue:
1. Close out of Sage Payroll (Micropay) and any other Sage applications on the computer you’re trying to run ARW on.
2. Download the ODBC driver from our website or click here. Depending on your Internet browser, the file automatically download to your Downloads folder or you will be asked to save the file, take note of where the file is saved to, for example, the Windows desktop & Save.
3. Open the folder where you saved the download file and double-click ODBC driver.msi and click Run.
4. When the ODBC Driver Setup window appears, click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
5. Log back into ARW from your desktop & the issue should be corrected.