Error: ‘Unable to open ISO 3166 Country list’
When opening the Employee Details window in Sage Payroll (v21.2 or higher), the following message may appear:
‘Unable to open ISO 3166 Country list.’
To close this message, click OK.
This error is a result of inadequate user permissions when the latest version of Sage Payroll was installed. The person that did the install had restricted access/permissions to the program and data directories of Sage Payroll – so some of the update’s components weren’t installed correctly, such as, the country list settings.
To resolve this issue, you must complete the following steps:
1. Log on to the computer as a user with administrative rights. If you need assistance with this, please contact your local IT support.
2. Download the latest update of Sage Payroll from our website.
- After downloading the update; to install it, ensure you’ve closed all Sage software and run the file.
- Please ensure you run the server update if you have a server client installation.
For help with installing a Sage Payroll update, please refer to our Installation Help Centre >
3. Once you’ve installed the latest version, open Sage Payroll and try to access the Employee Details window.
If the issue still occurs, please contact us on 051-395900.